5 Benefits of Getting a Master’s Degree in Health Informatics
As healthcare becomes more affordable and as the government starts stepping in more and more to make sure healthcare providers make their platform available in digital and online mediums, there has never been a better time than now to get your online master’s in health informatics. What is healthcare informatics? Informatics a unique curriculum of computer science that mostly has to do with advanced algorithms that make information more easily attainable and efficient to file. In the healthcare industry, specialists in informatics are required to streamline record keeping, so that patients can receive the best care possible. When it comes to getting your master’s in informatics, there are a number of advantages in today’s complicated economic climate. Here are five benefits of getting a master’s degree in health informatics.
- More opportunities. The healthcare field is requiring more and more healthcare providers and organizations to digitize their platforms. This is causing a huge demand for healthcare informatics specialists who can team up and make websites and cloud-run file systems work more efficiently. If you want to enter a field with a lot of opportunities, getting your degree in informatics is an excellent choice.
- Be on the forefront. If you want to be on the forefront of a totally unique wave of technology, you should definitely get your degree in healthcare informatics. New platforms and technologies haven’t even been developed yet that can vastly revolutionize the way the healthcare system is runs and operates in a digital sphere. Moreover, there are also many applications that haven’t been developed yet that doctors and nurses can utilize to make their jobs easier and to provide better care to patients. If doctors have better and newer tools with which to do their jobs, it can be incredibly rewarding to know that you played your part.
- The satisfaction of knowing you made a difference. It is exactly these rewarding experiences – knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life, or maybe many people’s lives – that can bring so much satisfaction. At the end of the day, it will be your job to create solutions to highly complicated problems. You may not be celebrated for your work as a healthcare informatics specialist, but you will know that you made a serious difference.
- High salary. The starting annual salary for an informatics specialist in the healthcare field is about 80K a year – not including bonuses. The best part is that you can make even more – depending on how motivated you are. You could even start your own consultancy firm, which can make your annual salary climb even higher.
- Lots of flexibility. In the healthcare informatics field, there is a lot of flexibility. With all the demand (the demand is supposed to get even higher in 2014), you can either branch out on your own, or you can work with an informatics team. If you want to enter a field that can allow you the freedom to pursue your dreams, getting your master’s in healthcare informatics could provide a world opportunity.