Discover the Fundamentals of Acupuncture Treatment
Acupuncture is a form of Chinese Medicine, in fact, a healing system that was devised more than 5000 years ago in China. Its other components include manual therapies like moxibustion and cupping, massage, dietary therapy, herbal therapy, qigong and meditation. Of course, the best modality here is acupuncture.
What is Acupuncture?
Health is a job that is round the clock and is associated with both your productivity and happiness. No wonder the majority of the successful people dedicate to promote their healing and health which inhibit that their day to day chores. Acupuncture is the right treatment here. It is not merely a system to insert very fine needles in the specific body parts to reduce pain. Then what is acupuncture? It is an all-inclusive medical protocol that lays emphasis to correct the imbalances of the body’s imbalances. Ever since its inception, it is used traditionally for preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases and above all to augment the general health.
How does it work?
When you visit a good acupuncture clinic such as Dr. Sadlon Acupuncture the trained and skilled acupuncturist here will begin by asking you regarding your health concerns, stress level, diet, sleep or other lifestyle habits. They may also ask you regarding your response to chances with regards to seasons and temperature, food dislikes and likes, appetite and emotions. At the time of the visit, the acupuncture specialist will carefully examine your appearance, and keep a note of your voice, complexion, tongue color as well as coating. They will also take your pulse on each wrist at three points to note the rhythm, quality and strength. Acupuncture typically will use about 6-15 small needles per treatment and is left in for about 15 minutes. For added effect, the needles may be twisted.
What Does This Treatment Do?
Acupuncture treatment can help in the following cases namely,
- It is strong medicine that can help in preventing disease, controlling pain, strengthening the immune system as well as increasing the quality and function of one’s life. The truth is even if a person is not ill, it can help in alleviating minor concerns and preventing diseases from developing.
- It will help to promote the circulation of blood in areas of pain, stress and tension and also relax the muscles.
- Acupuncture will help in stimulating the release in the body of the natural opiates that will help to relieve pain, reduce stress and enhance the mood.
- It will improve the digestive function that will aid the body in assimilating necessary nutrients, reduce in the body all inappropriate inflammatory responses and also improve hormonal balance.
- Acupuncture also has an influence on a person’s nervous system. As per a recent study it has been discovered that patients receiving acupuncture experienced an instant change within their brain activity.
In fact, these effects are enough proof of how acupuncture is capable of treating a different range of complaints although there may be some minor side effects here. In rare cases, the needles may break that may damage the internal tissues, the lungs may collapse when the needle gets inserted deeper, there may be bleeding or minor bruises too. Most importantly people with a bleeding disorder or taking blood thinners should never try acupuncture treatment.