How to Submit A Social Security Disability Application
If you cannot engage in substantial work due to a medical condition, you can be eligible to fill out a social security disability application. The state, which can be mental or physical, must last for at least 12 months for you to be declared disabled as per the law.
To get disability benefits, you must work in a job covered by social security. You can get the forms online and start your application. You don't have to step out of your home. You can fill out the application from any location, so there is no need to book an appointment in the social security office near you.
Who can apply for social security benefits
You can apply for this service if you are eighteen years and above and you're not receiving any social security benefits. The benefits are also available if you cannot work for more than 12 months due to that medical condition or a condition that leads to death.
Additionally, you can apply if your application wasn't denied in the last 60 days. However, if your application was rejected, you can still appeal online and start by requesting a review of your medical reasons that made it denied on the first attempt.
What is the application process?
To apply for the social disability benefits, you should have
- A reviewed print of the adult disability checklist
- Disability benefits application form
Fill out the form using your birth date, place, and social security number. You should also fill in the name, place of birth, and date of your spouse and former spouse. The date of marriage and the place is also essential.
In the form, you are supposed to fill in the names of children who are under 18 years. You should also fill in your bank account details and if you would like the benefits to be transferred electronically.
Prove your medical condition
You should include the name, phone number, and address of a person who knows about your medical condition and can help you with the application process. You are expected to give detailed information about your illness or condition. You must provide
- Your patient ID number
- Treatments dates for all doctors
- The hospitals and clinics
- List the medicine you're taking and which doctor prescribed them
- You are supposed to write the names and dates of all medical tests and who asked for them
Your work information
In your work information you should provide
- The amount you earned in the last and this year
- Give the name and address of your current and the previous year's employer
- Social security statement copy
- Dates you were active in the US military service (if there is one before 1968)
- List up to 5 jobs you've worked in the last 15 years before you became disabled
- Include information on workers' compensation you have filed or intend to file.
After including all the information, you need supportive documents showing you're eligible for benefits. These documents include your birth certificate, citizenship ID, US military discharge sheet, and the necessary medical evidence.
The social security disability application process is not difficult as long as you can prove eligible for social security benefits. You can either do it online or apply through the social security office. If you can prove your disability and you have all the needed requirements, you can apply and you will get your monthly benefits until you can be able to resume work