Ways to Reach and Maintain a Healthy Weight
It's a never ending story. People worry about their weight. For some people, it's a stubborn five pounds they can't seem to shed. Others go up and down, the proverbial yo-yo weight, but struggle with staying at the lower end. For some, it's a health problem and they need to lose weight to get in healthier state. Whatever the case may be, if you are trying to lose a little weight, there are some ways to do it successfully, even if you haven't seen success before.
A personalized approach through a weight loss center
Many people find success in weight loss through a weight loss center, like Medifast. Usually centers like this can offer a plan made just for you, based on your lifestyle, your goals and your particular situation. You can meet one on one with a professional and create a plan that will work. People like this approach because you are held accountable through keeping food logs and checking in on a set basis to your center. You also have someone to support you. Trained professionals work with you to keep you feeling good about the weight loss, even when it slows or you're struggling. Often you can find groups or other individuals here who are going through the same thing. You can connect with them and this can make weight loss easier.
Another benefit in working with a center is you have food plans. Some of the foods will be prepackaged, for other meals you'll create prepare the food. The food can be designed with your specific needs in mind, from Diabetes to nursing mothers to teenagers. This takes a lot of the guess work out of weight loss.
Make some daily modifications
You may be surprised how little things can make a huge difference. Look at your diet lifestyle and see what you can cut out or add in. Do you drink soda every day? Cut it out of you diet. Should you eat more fruit and veggies - add an apple to your afternoon snack. You can add some of these weight loss tips to your every day life:
- Add healthy foods. It's not all about cutting foods out, try adding in some healthy foods, like red cherries or almonds.
- Drink water. Lots and lots of water. Most of us walk around dehydrated, and this can be bad for weight loss. Not only will drinking water help you feel better all around, but it will stop you from eating when all you are is thirsty. So carry around a water bottle wherever you go.
- Watch your portions. You don't need to stop eating (that's not a good idea!), but you may find that you’re just as happy with less food. Try adding smaller portions to your plate, and make sure your big portions are of the right things, like veggies instead of chips.
This doesn’t mean you have to spend hours at the gym every day. Any kind of moving is good moving. Here are some good tips for getting more steps into your daily life:
- Walk with a friend. Whether it's at they gym or in the neighborhood. Not only will you motivate each other to go for a walk, but you'll also have much more fun doing it. It's a lot easier to spend time on a walk when you're with a friend. And if that's too hard to make happen, take your dog (maybe not to the gym, but your dog would probably love a daily romp through your neighborhood).
- Park farther away. Make sure you stay safe while doing this, but you don't always have to park in the closest spot to the building. A little walk from the car is great!
- Skip the text at work and go tell your coworker something. You'd be surprised how those steps can add up. Moving around even a little will help you feel less stiff throughout the day, and every step burns some calories!
Weight loss isn't easy. If it were, no one would be overweight! Be patient with your weight loss plan and seek help and support if that is what works for you. The key is finding what works, and adding a little patience, too.
Image Source: http://robert-brennan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Evolution-Healthy-Food-2.jpg